Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wall Divides Mall




From the files of "the worst ideas, ever!" these exclusive photographs show the dividing of Eastridge Mall by two-story skybridges.

Previous to the most-recent renovation, this was the mall's idea to improve circulation and flow. However, the additional skybridges acted more as a wall and divided the once great mall.

The mysterious middle level made elevator-placement tricky. What we are looking at is their best effort. Now I understand why they wanted to remove the mystery level altogether.

These photos are courtesy of Dean Lundstrom.

Enjoy!
Scott
See the current aerial.

Visit my review of Eastridge Mall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I'm the only one who liked the mysterious middle level.

I go for anything different, and that was.

Jonah N. said...

Hmmm...I think now I understand the middle level better. The old one was kind of confusing at best...now at least it looks real and not some kind of MC Escher design.

Mayumi said...

Wow, I don't live in the Bay Area anymore and haven't been to Eastridge in years. But I remember ditching school(!) and hanging out in those crazy walkways.

Anonymous said...

Hello, is there any way to contact the photographer of those pics? I could be in a couple of those pictures.

Thank you.